11 September 2012

Why Yes, I Am Alive. Sorta.

Completed Freya Statuette! Available for purchase now
from the Shoppe Between the Trees! AKA Etsy.
I can always tell I’ve been too long away from my blog when it asks me to retype my password instead of just remembering who I am. Tonight was one of those occasions. As I sit in the guest bedroom of my apartment, which also serves as my art-music-bejeweling-crafts-sewing-reading-etc room, with a glass of Aglianico wine (a particularly ancient grape, originally grown in Greece and then adopted by the Romans and found mostly now in Italy—albeit much less famous than their Chianti—which possesses dark, fruity, and smoky flavors of which I am particularly fond) in one hand and a mug of gunpowder green tea in the other, and having just finished reading another Daenerys chapter in the Storm of Swords (the third installment of the Game of Thrones books), I thus contemplate my lack of blogtacular ponderings of late.

I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve referred to myself as busy; safe to say, every time I start to think that surely I am as busy as I’ll ever be and soon this business will diminish and I’ll be able to return to my blogtastic awesomeness, I’ve been wrong. I only seem to get busier and busier as the weeks and months progress. If I’m not at work from 0500-1900 every day, only to return home with the minimal amount of energy to feed myself something that resembles dinner before plunging back into work for a few hours before finally collapsing in bed, then I’m working on one or another creative project. Or, when I lack the energy and functioning brain cells to do naught else, I’m reading a chapter or two of George R. R. Martin’s addictive, dragon-and-incest-riddled prose.

Incidentally, I’ve determined that this year’s Halloween/Samhaine costume will stray from my previous few years of Xena-esque Warrior Goddess while keeping with the hot-female-badassery theme by donning a white-blonde wig, leather, silk, jewels, and a dragon, and calling myself Daenerys Targarion. So far: skirt complete, wig purchased, leather vest half-complete, boots picked out (already owned them), and dragon half complete. All my baby Drogon needs still is a torso and wings.

Further updates on my life (before I plunge back into gods-only-know-how-long of silence):

1) Etsy Shoppe is still up and running, albeit low on purchase power at the moment. Perhaps I should go back to running ads so that my jewelry/paintings actually show up on searches.

2) My Soldiers seem to really like, respect, and want to emulate me. I’ve noticed the lower enlisted females have started wearing their hair the same way I wear mine, and at least half of my Platoon has told me on one occasion or another that I’m the best Platoon Leader they’ve ever had. Melts my heart :)

3) Still a single, raging feminist, suffering from an utter lack of male attention (Army doesn’t count. They have to listen to what I say; also I can’t date any of my subordinates) and wondering if ever there will come a time that I am capable of loving someone who loves me.

4) Still writing depressing poetry, angst-filled song lyrics, and painting chicks with swords and dudes with horns in an attempt to rid myself of afore mentioned angst. Oh. And I’ve finally started recording again.

5) Still Pagan. Yep. Definitely still Pagan. If you need further proof, check out the latest statue I *finally* finished painting! Yay Freya!



No comments:

Post a Comment