A few random things I’ve done recently:
- Get pepper sprayed. In the face. And then complete a damn obstacle course with my eyes on fire. FML. I get to do this annually for the rest of my career! Fabulous.
- Drive 13 hours back to the best state in the union to visit my family.
- Host a brief reunion with my BFFs from high school for a little winter gathering.
- Add 5 days worth of music to my iTunes library. I know…awesome, yea?? I was thrilled.
- Lots of other random ridiculous things that I can’t blog about, but have been keeping me away from my computer for a month.
Anywho, regular blogging will commence shortly. In the meantime, muse on this:
I will maintain the truth
I knew naturally as a child;
I won't forfeit my creativity
To a world that's all laid out for me.
I will look at everything around me,
And I will vow to bear in mind
That all of this was just someone's idea;
It could just as well be mine.
~Ani DiFranco, “Alla This.”
And, as a throw back to last year, here’s some musing I did on the topic of trees last time I was home for the holidays: Bringing In The (Fake) Green. Enjoy.