25 October 2011

Being Sick + Song#2

Picture from here. Gotta love vamps with wings :)
Today was an adventure. I don’t get sick often, and when I do, half the time I’m convinced I’m not actually sick and that it’ll pass any minute now. This morning after our work out I had some sort of strange rapid onset symptoms. I woke up with a bit of a sore throat and a swollen lymph node, but other than that I was fine, until all at once I wasn’t. Several hours later I started shivering, despite it being 80 degrees outside and even hotter indoors. I also had massive headaches and by lunch time, I felt like I could pass out at any moment, so one of my friends drove me to the ER (nothing else was open), and turns out I had a fever of 102. One hundred and freaking two. Apparently, I really was sick.

So they shot me full of random meds & steroids & antibiotics, and apparently I’m supposed to be feeling normal in 6-8 hours. Yay. In the meantime, today’s Samhain song is from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, season 6, “Once More, With Feeling.” As Spike sings it to Buffy, and the song is called “Rest in Peace,” it seemed appropriate to add to my daily Halloween-themed ditties ☺ Enjoy. I couldn’t get a very good quality that was the video from the actual episode, but you’ll get the gist.

No comments:

Post a Comment