03 October 2011

Well, This Feels Familiar

The air in here is starting to get thick;
I breathe and breathe, but nothing is coming in.
I thought I had it figured out, thought I knew it all,
but the light is growing dimmer behind these walls.

You were supposed to be something
new, but you are just like the others.

It’s easy to tell me what you think I want.
It’s easy to make promises and then forget.
The harder part is the follow-through (which I thought
you could do), but I guess I’ve just been fooled again.

You were supposed to be something
new, but you are just like the others.
You’re no ray of sun, no break in the storm:
just another man who still acts like a boy.

So I’ll keep writing angry lyrics,
spill my ink like so much blood,
until the words run dry as featherbeds
with hollowed-pillow skulls.
These boys who say they love me,
don’t understand what it means
     to be alone on a path
     that no one else can see.

Did you notice, dear readers, that the recent lyrics I’ve been posting don’t have Stargazing as a tag? Yes, in fact, I’ve moved on. Another month, another muse; or perhaps it’s the same muse I’ve had all along, just bearing a different name.

1 comment:

  1. Uh oh... did something happen I should know about???

    ReplyDelete