06 April 2011

Hopelessly Heartless

I’m beginning to wonder if there’s something wrong with me
I should feel guilty over this; hell, I should at least feel something
So when I tell you that I’m sorry after I break you apart
You still won’t see the void where there should be a heart

Because I’ve done this before
Practiced on dozens, maybe more

And so the shattered, scattered, lonely souls who cannot help
   themselves but follow as I spiral out of control
Are as blind as you, so no one sees the damage that’s surrounding
   me, I may as well have caused deliberately

So take your place among the others
I will forget your face
Go back to your girl, she’s waiting
And you don’t deserve to drown in my wake

I’m an Ice Queen, I’m a Vixen, and if you stay I’ll bleed you dry
Until you’re nothing but a shell with faded dreams and empty eyes
So when I tell you that I’m sorry after I leave you destroyed
I’ll feel no remorse discarding another broken toy

So take your place among the others
You are just another face
In a long list of shallow tricks
Of scars and old mistakes

I never meant to be like I’ve become
Honestly, I never meant to hurt anyone
But I can’t help myself, and I’m sure
There’s a special place in hell reserved
For those who have done what I have done

And once upon a time, I was as broken as you’ll be
I’m not saying that it’s right, I only do what’s done to me

So take your place among the others
I will forget your face
So go back to your girl, she’s waiting
And you deserve better than I ever gave

No comments:

Post a Comment