02 April 2011

Forgive, Not Forget.

I had everything I wanted, right in my hands
But then I wanted more, and ended up with less
And you just let it slip away, slide on right by
Now there’s no way to get it back again
I still think about you every night
Wondering if I even cross your mind?
I know I’m not perfect, but neither are you
In the end, the silence speaks the truth

And you, you act like I don’t exist
Like what we had never happened
Like it doesn’t hurt you at all
Was I the only one to fall?

I had everything I wanted, right then and there
Sitting on the rooftop and counting the stars
We shared our dreams, in whispers and smiles
And no one knows how fragile those are
I still think about you every night
Wondering If I even cross your mind?
I know that it’s over and I should move on
But what we had can’t just be gone

And you, you act like I don’t exist
Like a whole year never happened
Can you even feel at all?
I can’t have been the only one to...

See the way you looked at me
From across the room, so intently
If you want to rewrite
The past you’ve denied
Forgive me, but, I’ll keep my memories

And you, you never saw my scars
The ones carved around my heart
Whispered dreams in the dark
I was not the only one to fall.
And you, you can act like I don’t exist
Like what we had never happened
But I know the truth, after all:
I was not the only one to fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment